Antifa sympathizer Jeffrey Tucker has really taken it on the chin this time. Despite being a self-professed anarchist, Tucker clearly likes his state deep. Wikileaks’ Vault 7 disclosures have made Tucker’s already indefensible position regarding the deep state look even more abhorrent.
In a recent Daily Caller article, Tucker lamented the rise of Trump and floated the idea that the deep state might be better than the Trump administration. The shattering of the neoliberal consensus on global trade seemed to be his primary lament:
“As much as we might hate the deep state…and I’ve written plenty against it…, we would be blind and dumb not to consider the possibility that something worse could come along in the name of overthrowing it. Every fascist dictatorship in history emerged in response to the real failures of socialism and bureaucracy. One leads to the other, as the history of interwar Europe shows…
Donald Trump has made it a priority to overthrow the whole global-trade paradigm on grounds that ‘the nation-state remains the true foundation for happiness and harmony.’ That’s dangerous in the extreme. His plan could destroy prosperity and peace for the entire world. That the ‘establishment’ is overthrown is no solace.”
While those sentiments may arguably be defensible from a libertarian point of view, Tucker didn’t stop there. On social media, Tucker dropped the ambiguity and doubled-down by outright saying that the deep state is preferable to the Trump state:
Credit to Liberty Hangout for the screen shot and image.
Apparently, while Tucker was defending the deep state, he didn’t anticipate that some of their worst secrets would be revealed in the very near future. A true libertarian hero, Julian Assange, who risks his life to push the freedom of information, really delivered the goods with #Vault7. Here are the highlights from that dispatch, courtesy of Milo Yiannopoulos:
1. The CIA can masquerade its malware as belonging to a foreign intelligence agency.
2. The CIA stole hacking malware from the Russian Federation for their own use.
3. The CIA is hacking everyone, including US citizens.
4. Every microphone and webcam is remote controllable.
5. The CIA’s exploits have been leaked internally and can be used by unauthorized people to gain access to virtually anything.
6. CIA malware can infiltrate iPhones, Androids, Windows Phones, and even your smart TV.
7. The U.S. consulate in Frankfurt is a covert CIA hacker base.
8. The CIA created air gap jumping viruses that infect CDs, DVDs, flash drives, etc.
9. The CIA created malware that specifically evaded certain anti-virus programs.
10. The CIA can hack cars for “undetectable assassinations”
11. CIA malware can infiltrate your macOS and Windows computers.
12. CIA malware infiltrates your smartphone to read messages on encrypted apps, before you send them.
13. CIA malware can infiltrate Linux and routers.
14. The CIA was supposed to reveal major vulnerabilities, but instead, hoarded them for their own use.
15. Notepad++, a popular text editor, has a DLL hijack.
16. The CIA steals saved passwords from Internet Explorer
17. CIA can bypass Windows User Account Control
18 .CIA has Android malware that makes Android phones bulk-spy on WiFi networks around them.
In Jeff Tucker’s beltway la la land, Trump speaks his mind on Twitter, and that is worse than what has now been revealed to be the most powerful and devious entity the world has ever known. The CIA is devastating the privacy rights of individuals in not just America but the entire world, but Trump’s a real meaniepants so that is worse in Tucker’s eyes.
After all, it’s not like Vault 7 was the first indicator that the CIA was up to no good. The CIA hatched nearly one hundred different wars over the span of a generation, most of them in a clandestine manner. They have committed covert assassinations. They have overthrown democratic foreign governments. They brought crack into the inner cities to keep minority communities in a continued state of misery and poverty. This is as evil as it gets, and Tucker’s craven apologetics for the CIA against Trump, who seems to actually be pushing back against them, is beyond sickening.
The CIA doesn’t get in the way of Tucker’s bubble, so he doesn’t really care if they jeopardize the world. This mindset must not be emulated. Libertarians need to strive to be more than what Tucker has devolved into over the past several years. Libertarians should want to transcend their echo chamber, get out there, and influence the world.
Tucker has become little more than a corporate mercenary who is paid to spew a hollow agenda. He tells young libertarians not to get off their butts to do much of anything, and they will just float away to a magical anarchy through mere inaction and pontification. He has been able to get away with this shallow scam for years, but the Trump phenomenon is really bringing out his true colors.
From being triggered by sidewalk chalk to comparing patriotic Americans to a micro-junta, Trump’s ascension forced Tucker to come out of the closet as a leftist. He stood with Antifa against respectful debate at the Students for Liberty conference and even posed with masked thugs devoted to political violence. This is the descent of a man, who outside of several failed publishing ventures, has accomplished nothing of substance throughout many decades in the libertarian movement. Libertarians would be wise to fight the deep state first and foremost while avoiding false prophets like Jeffrey Tucker who will send you down a gutter for their own ends.